The Young Consultant Development Programme (YCDP) at the Bureau of Integrated Rural Development, KNUST, seeks to introduce graduates with a qualification in development studies to research-driven consulting in the rural and international development sectors. YCDP beneficiaries will be engaged for a maximum of one year after which they will graduate from the programme. At the end of the programme, beneficiaries would be assessed and awarded certificates. Beneficiaries will also be given programme support.
The YCDP at BIRD is delighted to announce its recruitment opening for 2022. To apply to the programme, candidates must meet the following criteria.
- Candidates must be graduates from KNUST
- Candidates must possess MSc, MPhil or PhD degree
- The Degree must have been awarded within the last 3 years
- The Degree must be in the field of development e.g., Environmental and Natural Resource Management, Development Planning/Management, Economics, Development and Tourism, Geography and Rural Development, Sociology, Gender and Development, Renewable Energy, Development Economics, Development Studies, Monitoring and Evaluation, Project Planning and Management and other Social Science and Development related programmes.
Skills and Capabilities
Applicants must have;
- strong research and analytical skills
- ample knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and data analytical tools.
- ability to work independently and with a multidisciplinary team.
- academic written and oral communication skills in English.
- analytical skills for preparation of presentations and articles for publication.
- advanced analytical computing kills.
How to Apply
Interested/qualified candidates must submit:
- A one-page statement of research interest,
- Complete CV and cover letter
- Academic certificates
These documents must be sent either directly to the secretariat of the Bureau of Integrated Rural Development (BIRD), KNUST, or send soft copies of your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact 0322493501 for further inquiries. Application deadline is 28th September, 2022. All applications received after 5pm on 28th September, 2022 will not be accepted. Only shortlisted applicants would be contacted.