Training & Workshops
As part of our activities, the Bureau organizes symposia, conferences and training programmes for people engaged in rural development activities. The following symposia, training and workshops have been undertaken.
- Between 2008 and 2009, BIRD offered training to Sustainable Development Committees from Ten Communities in the Newmont Ahafo Mine Area under the Newmont Ahafo Development Foundation (NADeF).
- In 2006, BIRD provided Basic Health Training For Traditional Authorities under the Promoting Partnership With Traditional Authorities Project (PPTAP).
- DFID / BADSP sponsored Collaborative Development Planning, in the Asunafo and Asutifi Districts of the Brong Ahafo Region. Capacity building for identification of joint development projects amongst contiguous districts.
- In 1995 - 1996, BIRD was identified as one of the eligible trainers in Rural Development. The Bureau was therefore engaged by the British Council and Crown Agents' Human Resource Development Division to be part of the main trainers in a two weeks training course held at the British Council auditorium in Accra. The theme for the training was "Community Projects Management and Participation"
- Between 1985 and 1995, BIRD was involved in organizing yearly campaigns on "The Need for Self Help in Rural Development" under the broad theme "Towards a Comprehensive Rural Development in Ghana" for communities engaged in Microproject activities. About 94 communities and a total of 262 participants benefited from the educational programme.
- In 1992, BIRD collaborated with the Agriculture Mechanisation Department of of the Faculty of Agriculture to offer training for tractor operators involved in Ghan Microprojects programme.